COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 11, 2021) – The Major League Fishing (MLF) 2021 Wiley X Summit Cup Presented by B&W Trailer Hitches is set to premiere with a two-hour episode this Saturday, May 15, at 2 p.m. ET on the Outdoor Channel. The event, shot over six days in early February at Lake Murray in Columbia, South Carolina, showcases 30 of the top pro anglers in the world competing in the final event of the 2021 MLF Cup season.
Lake Murray has played host to numerous major bass-fishing championship events, including the 2008, 2014 and 2017 FLW Cup Championships, and a 2018 MLF Challenge Select event – won by pro Keith Poche (competing in this event). The Wiley X Summit Cup presented by B&W Trailer Hitches will mark just the second time that MLF has visited the “Jewel of South Carolina.”
The first episode premiering Saturday will feature the anglers in Group 1 competing in their opening Elimination Round. Episode two will feature the anglers in Group 2; Episode three the anglers in Group 3. The top six finishers from each group’s Elimination Round advance to the two-day Sudden Death Round – episodes four and five – where nine anglers compete each day and try to finish in the top four. The sixth and final episode will feature the final eight anglers competing in the Championship Round to catch the most weight that they can to be crowned the 2021 Summit Cup Champion.
The anglers in Group 1 that compete this Saturday (May 15) on Day One of the 2021 Wiley X Summit Cup are:
- Tommy Biffle of Wagoner, Okla.
- Brent Chapman of Lake Quivira, Kan.
- Brandon Coulter of Knoxville, Tenn.
- James Elam of Tulsa, Okla.
- Andy Morgan of Dayton, Tenn.
- Bradley Roy of Lancaster, Ky.
- Fletcher Shryock of Guntersville, Ala.
- Bryan Thrift of Shelby, N.C.
- Jonathon VanDam of Kalamazoo, Mich.
The anglers in Group 2 that compete next Saturday (May 22) on Day Two of the 2021 Wiley X Summit Cup are:
- Cliff Crochet of Pierre Part, La.
- Shinichi Fukae of Osaka, Japan
- Bobby Lane of Lakeland, Fla.
- Jordan Lee of Cullman, Ala.
- Michael Neal of Dayton, Tenn.
- Jacob Powroznik of Prince George, Va.
- Skeet Reese of Auburn, Calif.
- Gerald Spohrer of Gonzales, La.
- Jeff Sprague of Point, Texas
- Greg Vinson of Wetumpka, Ala.
The anglers in Group 3 that compete in the final Elimination Round (May 29) on Day Three of the 2021 Wiley X Summit Cup are:
- Justin Atkins of Florence, Ala.
- Luke Clausen of Spokane, Wash.
- Dustin Connell of Clanton, Ala.
- Tim Horton of Muscle Shoals, Ala.
- Alton Jones Jr. of Waco, Texas
- Ish Monroe of Oakdale, Calif.
- Takahiro Omori of Tokyo, Japan
- Keith Poche of Pike Road, Ala.
- Marty Robinson of Lyman, S.C.
- Kevin VanDam of Kalamazoo, Mich.
The 2021 Wiley X Summit Cup Presented by B&W Trailer Hitches was hosted by Capital City/Lake Murray Country. The event will air on the Outdoor Channel as six, two-hour original episodes each Saturday afternoon starting May 15, 2021, and running through June 19, airing from 2 to 4 p.m. ET. Each episode will be available for viewing on the MyOutdoorTV (MOTV) streaming app on the Monday morning following each episode’s Saturday premiere.